Sunday, October 26, 2014

Defibrillation

      Hello my old heart, is that you beating? I've been wondering where you've been.  It's been far too
long that I've had this emptiness in my chest. I thought I had forgot how to love. I thought I was broken. So welcome home. Please, take off your shoes and stay a while. 

      I thought you might never return. I thought I would never again fall for your ways. But here you are and I'm falling, no I'm tumbling head over heels. How has it been being locked away, protected from the harsh idea called love? Are you sure you are ready to be given away again? 

      Please dear old heart, I know you're wounded and fragile, but don't leave me again. Being lonely is heartless and being heartless is real lonely. I hope you choose to stay. 

                I missed you...



4 comments:

  1. "Being lonely is heartless and being heartless is real lonely"
    stealing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ same I absolutely loved that line #stolen
    Also the beg?!?
    "Hello my old heart, is that you beating?"
    Idk I just loved that

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I thought I was broken" & "take off your shoes and stay awhile"
    so stolen <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. "please dear old heart, I know you're wounded and fragile, but don't leave me again."

    this whole post is so quotable but I especially love this line. it hit me hard. great writing.

    ReplyDelete