Sunday, November 2, 2014

Worm Food

We will soon be nothing more than worm food and memories.

 And when the earth lays me down under her ground I don't want to be just worm grub to others. I want to be a memory. 

I want to have sucked the marrow from every bone. 

I want to have seized every damn day. 

I want to have been homeless because homeless people know and appreciate the streets better than most people do their own homes. 

I want to love. 

I want to get lost in nature. 

I want to have given second chances. And third. And fourth. 

I want to have cried when I wanted to cry and laughed even I wanted to laugh.

I want to have made people's day. 

 I want to have sang and skipped because life is too short to live it trying to please others. 

It's too short to live it doing anything that makes you unhappy. 

After all, we will soon all be nothing more than worm food and memories. 


2 comments:

  1. I want to have sang and skipped because life is too short to live it trying to please others.

    Life is too short to take for granted. Great post. Beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete