Sunday, November 30, 2014

thank you's I dont know how to say

  Thank you, Mr. Hawk, for climbing great heights to show me this world so many different way. 

  Thank you, sweet momma bird, for singing me to sleep all those many night.

  Thank you, big bear, for following all the humble ones while still beating to your own drum. 

  Thank you, Fred & Jessie, for being those friends every child needs. For all those nights I was scared of monsters in the closet and you were there for me. 

  Thank you, mountain man, for being everything I hope to someday be. 

  Thank you, miss flapper girl, for standing by my side over all these years. For laughing with me and crying with me. For looking at the stars and drawing the solar system on my arm. For being the most dear friend I could ever have. 

  Thank you, Emmylou, for giving me some of the greatest laughs of my life. For opening my eyes after they have been closed for so long and awakening my heart after such a long slumber. For seeing me as who I really am unlike so many do. 

  Thank you, sky, for the time we had. For getting me through the hardest chapter of my life and doing so with all the love you gave. And for being my partner in crime.

  Thank you, gypsy spirit, thank you for everything. Thank you for being such a beautiful soul and helping me follow my dreams. For being the adventurer you are and going along with all my crazy ideas. 

  Thank you, boy with the goat pants, for being my closest friend for all that time. For staying up way too late with me and writing and singing all those silly songs. For laughing like little boys do and for acting like boys do. 

  Thank you, dirty wire, for being so wise. For being that voice of reason and showing me my dreams can be more than just dreams. 

  Thank you, Mother Nature, for being my playground. For being the place of so many memories. For providing so many adventures and being my giving tree.

3 comments:

  1. I want to say how much I enjoyed this, but words don't do it justice. Beyond beautiful writing, as always ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was real and magical at the same time. Like you were writing to real people AND you were writing to ideas and moments and ways of thinking.

    You're different. Good different.

    ReplyDelete