Thursday, December 18, 2014

the last will and testament of sgt. pepper

 
   If you are reading this it can only mean one thing...

   Sgt. Pepper is Sgt. Pepper no more.

   As part of my final adieu I have included some thank you's, some requests, some things you should know about me, and some last words I hope to be remembered for. It has been a beautiful feat writing as Sgt. Pepper but its time to be me, the real me. McKay Utley.

   ∆ Thank you for reading my work. All of you. And for taking the time to write your works yourself. It has been a privilege to be able to read your poetry, thoughts, and other posts.
   ∆ Thank you Nelson for being the teacher that you are. And for getting my creative juices flowing.
   ∆ Thank you Paris for letting me travel and treating me well. Thank you for teaching me so much.


   My final requests to you is not to forget Paris, don't forget to be yourself, and don't forget to live. I know that sounds a bit cheeky but far too often we go through life in a series of knee-jerk reactions and we end up as absurd people we never dreamed of becoming.



   Some things you should know about me

  ∆ If you really knew me you would know that I have an obsession with the man in the moon.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know I drive a car that closely resembles a potato.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know that I like simplicity.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would agree that I have been born in the wrong time area and my heart belongs to the 50's
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know that I have a gypsy soul.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would think I am obsessed with the mountains. You wouldn't be wrong
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know how bad I am at taking care of plants and cacti, but it doesn't stop me from still buying them.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know that it's really hard for me to live in Alpine, Ut. as I am not active in church.
  ∆ If you really knew me you would know how obsessed I am with girls that can pull off the messy bun look
  ∆ If you really knew me you would see me for who really am and not the person you assume me to be.


   
   In the beginning I was scared to death of posting my works. Now looking back, it was a hell of a good thing for me. When I am old and grey I know I will look back at this experience and remember all these blogs, my pen name,  Paris, , my fat journal, and "THE YEAR OF NO MISTAKES". Thank you for traveling alongside me.

   Sgt. Pepper may not hide my identity anymore but I will always belong to The Lonely Hearts Club.


                               -Sgt. Pepper


  

20 comments:

  1. wow. Sgt. pepper i've been so excited to know who you are,
    thanks for everything, for all of your comments and your killer posts.
    McKay I'm glad to finally meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap McKay. Such a great reveal. That picture is the sickness. Whatever that means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going out with a bang, I LOVED IT. So inspiring and brave. Thank you for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wOW. This turned out even better than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaaa! Mckay! Your the the best my friend! Keep being awesome, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great way to go out. Your blog is a treasure, and I won't be surprised at all if I see it again later in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessss you're writing is so good and now I can tell you in person! Thank you, sgt. Pepper. It's been a beautiful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MCKAY. this was epic. unreal. please, please don't stop writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say I'll miss Sgt pepper, but I can't wait to see what you'll write now ❤ thanks for your blog McKay

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are by far the most creative writer on the blogs.
    and you have been creative since elementary school.
    don't ever stop writing because you truly have a gift.




    ReplyDelete
  11. Mckay. I don't know what to say at this point but I think that your blog is amazing and your writing is amazing and I think you have been one of the most creative people to ever arrive in Paris. Thank you for your words and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. McKay you're blog is seriously the coolest. your pics rocked my world and your words hit my heart. thanks for being real and writing for us to read.

    keep writing.

    LOVE THIS BLOG. youre a rad human.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really and truly I always looked forward to your posts. Write always. You're good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I looked back and you commented on my blog a lot! We both have put up with cancer. We both have Beatles names like you said. So yeah we are pretty cool. I loved all your posts, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is just a fav thanks for always being outstanding and giving me the chills.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Freak this is like one of the best reveals ever. Don't stop writing. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The lonely hearts club <3
    You have seriously been one of my fav blogs and I love your words.
    Thank you for writing because it's inspired me and please don't stop.
    Thank you for your comments and your blog

    Here's to the year of no mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! I love that you have a gypsy soul, I met some real gypsies when I traveled Europe and they are the coolest people. I love your blog, McKay!

    ReplyDelete